Monday, May 7, 2012

Chaos

My house is in complete chaos.I can't remember the last time I got a full nights sleep.Even now here it is 4am and I haven't slept yet.My six year old is awake now.Then again,that's nothing new.She wakes up everyday around 3am and starts crying that her little mermaid video isn't playing.Which then wakes up my 8 year old and thus begins our day.I guess it doesnt help that my 22 year old son who works until 1 am comes home and makes enough noise to wake up everyone in the house by watching tv,making food in the kitchen and yes even playing his guitar sometimes! How is it that I haven't killed him yet you ask? Well first off that's illegal and I can't go to jail,my girls need me...secondly I love him and as much as I would love to stuff him in the dryer sometimes I won't because after all he is my son and I need him to take care of  the girls after I die.I guess I should be used to getting no sleep by now because its been that way since the girls were born...which is why I am aging so badly! Sometimes I feel like I look like one of the walking dead. Well I guess thats one way to keep the men away....look like a haggard old witch and they'll leave ya alone! I don't have time to date anyway,besides the way I see it, having a boyfriend is just someone else trying to steal my clicker! Yeah go ahead and laugh but when your'e a single mother of four and two of them have autism....the only life ya have sometimes is tv and the internet! Although I don't really watch alot of tv. I watch The Walking Dead,but that doesn't start up again till october so I'm out of luck on that one.I watch American Idol and the news and  a rerun of Seinfeld every now and then,Other than that I go online and read alot or go on facebook or play games because I'm a nerd like that.
   So that's my life.... exciting isn't it?  Sounds boring I know...but that's only after the girls have gone to sleep.While they're awake its controlled chaos time. I call it controlled chaos because yes the house can get messy and I'm trying to do 20 things at once but no one is hanging from the chandelier and the cat hasn't been shaved......well at least not today.On Sunday the rule is no friends in the house.I've had this rule for about 7 years now.I made this rule for my own sanity! I mean c'mon I have the girls and my two sons and if that's not enough there is usually one of the boys friends living with us as well because apparently everyone's mother is an alcoholic lunatic.So I think six people in the house is enough don't you? Especially since I'm the one cooking and cleaning for everyone.During the week is a different story and that's fine as long as the sunday rule stands.Although my youngest son has been trying his best to break this rule for about 4 years.My favorite is when he tries to have a friend over to help with homework.Nice try...ya had the whole weekend to do homework and guess what...there are three other adults here that can help you. I give him an A for effort though.

No comments:

Post a Comment